Texas ThunmperTalkers

44 replies to this topic
  • forloop

Posted February 21, 2001 - 06:01 AM

I just wanted to get a list of the Texas people on the board. Mayby we could organize a local ride. I will go first. Just so you can reconize me at the track. I have a blue bike that is really load.

Rick Evans: Houston, Texas

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• motoman393

Posted February 21, 2001 - 06:35 AM

Garrett Berg: Friendswood/Clear Lake Area

I am #393 with yellow number plate backgrounds and a really loud blue bike! I am the one that constantly hits the rev-limiter (yeah right LOL)

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• 426_Pilot

Posted February 21, 2001 - 06:51 AM

I just picked my machine up last night. I haven't even ridden it yet. I've got some negotiating with work and wife to do, but I'm in if I can make it happen. It's been 15 years for me, my last bike was a '81 CR450 (duck bill plate). I'm sure you'll all lap me, but I'll get some pointers and then race ya to the cooler! I'm about 35 miles north of Dallas (Corinth, TX).

Dan

• okie426

Posted February 21, 2001 - 10:21 PM

How bout a southern Oklahoma rider?

I ride some OCCRA cross country races in OK and TX. Big Blue loud bike yellow backgrounds usually dragging some tree debris.

• BBRguy

Posted February 21, 2001 - 10:31 PM

Hey i live in Houston ( im friends with motoman 393, aka garret) My names Eric. i ride a BBR YZ400, with white #57 on black backgrounds. ill be the one attempting to fly around. but come up to me in the pits and give me the ol hey hey, cause i love having alot of riding friends. see yall.
-Eric

• forloop

Posted February 22, 2001 - 06:50 AM

Well we are getting a few. My riding buddy has a 00 YZ426.

It will be cool if we can get a bunch of us at the track together on thumpers. I think the ring-ding guy's would just go home. They could not hear to shift.

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

[This message has been edited by forloop (edited 02-22-2001).]

• jaybird67k

Posted February 22, 2001 - 09:43 AM

JASON

BEAUMONT , TX.

• CRA_machine

Posted February 22, 2001 - 12:24 PM

Zach

Houston, Texas.
brother to BBRguy and friend of motoman393.
What track you would you like to go to?

• forloop

Posted February 22, 2001 - 12:35 PM

For us Houston and surronding area guys any of the local tracks. Mill, 290, RIO, or Highlands. There is also a couple of newer ones that I have not been too yet. We can do this anytime. This weekend even. I need some riding tips anyway. I am getting about a lap out of the shoulder now.

For the Texas as a whole. We would need to pick someting more centralized. Once we get the list compiled we then can set some dates up.

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• BBRguy

Posted February 22, 2001 - 12:51 PM

Hey i have this good idea, My Dad and Motomans393's dad are trying to plan a trip to Swan cycle park in Tyler Texas. about 3 1/2-4 hours away from houston. that would be BAD to meet all of yall up there, that track is awesome. and they have camp grounds and everything. that would be cool. if not lets meet somewhere like Highlands since that is the most popular track around here... tell me what yall think. and also lets get a date set up, see ya later.
-Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt406

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:50 PM

Matt Sandt, AKA "Roost"
Rooster of Motoman393
Friendswood TX

------------------

• motoman393

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:54 PM

yeah right Matt you got it the wrong way around... :)

rooster of Matt406 LOL
cant wait til this weekend! I just hope the rain holds off

Garrett

------------------
Friendswood, TX

• CRA_machine

Posted February 22, 2001 - 03:59 PM

Psssh. You both got it wrong. I am the Master Blaster of the roost.

Me and My burley 250. hahaha. I hope it doesn't rain this weekend so we can ride. I know for a fact it will Saturday though.. :) Later.

-zach

[This message has been edited by CRA_machine (edited 02-22-2001).]

• jaybird67k

Posted February 22, 2001 - 04:13 PM

Whats up Gent's ?
I live in Beaumont, its about 2hr's east of Houston. I would like to meet you guy's some where, I run at Major mx park in Beaumont, formerly known as Bayou mx. I've never been anywhere else but am willing to try somewhere else. Maybe we could alternate locations to suit everyone. I'm 33 years old, and yes it was a hard 33 years so take it easy on me. What is the age group here ?
Keep me posted, I'll be at the track this weekend.

Later, Jason

Beaumont,TX.
01 426 #67

[This message has been edited by jaybird67k (edited 02-22-2001).]

• EMARacing

Posted February 22, 2001 - 04:21 PM

00 YZ426 #910 with burnt orange backgrounds. Hook 'Em. Austin, TX. TCHSS Hare Scramble rider in the 4 stroke B class. The Beaumont HS GP was my favorite GP last year. It's a little far for me to meet ya'll in Houston to ride, but ya'll need to come out and do a HS race with us. I promise you will get hooked. Just remember, the two hour class is twice the fun.

------------------
John E. Walker

• forloop

Posted February 22, 2001 - 06:19 PM

jaybird67k:

I think we have a real mix of ages here. I'm 36 myself. I thought this bike appealed to the older fokes. But, from what I am finding is its appeals to all ages.

Your track idea is great. Its fun to travel around. I guess tomarrow mayby we can make plans to get a small group together.

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• motoman393

Posted February 22, 2001 - 06:34 PM

what can I say the bike is just a blast to ride! Normally "punks" my age generally ride 125's (bumble bee's on steroids if you will :) ) 125's are fun but they aint no 426! There is just something to be said about a twin cam, short stroke 12.5:1 compression, five Ti valve four stroke! Anyway sorry to nag on I just Love this bike!

Garrett

------------------
Friendswood, TX

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 22, 2001 - 07:11 PM

I am also from Beaumont, I also race the Hare Scramble Series, dont ride the tracks much but Im up for anything,Id be the one w/ the bike that looks like I drug it to the track behind my truck. The woods are a little rough on plastic.

Norman # 911

• dafireman426f

Posted February 22, 2001 - 10:26 PM

i am 30yrs. old and i ride at highlands , beumont, mills,and super daves....i think the idea of everyone getting together is great........count me in!!!!!!!

• SUnruh

Posted February 23, 2001 - 04:30 AM

i race TCHSS in 4strokeC. i can almost keep up with EMARacing or yzracer, but i'm not ready for all that fun (2 hours) yet.

Steve Unruh - T14 TCHSS
'01YZ250F
Leander, TX (north of Austin)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.