Do you wear a shirt under your jersey?

47 replies to this topic
  • LEllis7motox

Posted September 29, 2010 - 04:48 PM

I never have, but notice a lot of people do. Why? It seems like it would be really hot wearing a shirt under it.

• Ud_Luz

Posted September 29, 2010 - 04:55 PM

Uh, I always thought my jersey was a shirt. Why wear two?

• KX02

Posted September 29, 2010 - 05:03 PM

I wear a sleeveless shirt to wick moisture off me, then a chest protector, then jersey.

• cr125josh

Posted September 29, 2010 - 05:11 PM

I do when I trail ride and if I get hot I just take it off and have the t shirt underneath

• ekulb14

Posted September 29, 2010 - 06:18 PM

defiantly not lol. its hot enough with out adding layers.

• 06yz

Posted September 29, 2010 - 06:26 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]I have for the past 4 years. I just quite 2 months ago, it is amazing how much better it is w/ not under shirt.

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• BrokenSpoke2

Posted September 29, 2010 - 06:41 PM

I have always worn a shirt underneath my jersey. I currently wean an Under Armor heat shirt, kidney belt, jersey, chest protector.

• JI813

Posted September 29, 2010 - 06:45 PM

Nope. Hot enough as is down here in South Florida.

• KennyMc

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:06 PM

I have always worn a shirt underneath my jersey. I currently wean an Under Armor heat shirt, kidney belt, jersey, chest protector.

+1 with the Under Armor shirt. I have one for the Summer and a long sleeve version for the Winter.

• MotoGuido

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:12 PM

What does the under armor do??

I can't imagine wearing one for MX!! I give myself mild heat-stroke about once every 30min at the tack! lol

• Chuck.

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:17 PM

No undershirt, most are cotton and don't do a good job of wicking moisture. I use a synthetic jersey and add layers over the chest protector depending on temperature.

• 07 crf230f

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:23 PM

I wear the under armor below the jersey it just feels better to me.

• RayoVac

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:26 PM

I have always worn a long sleeve undershirt for MX. Yes... its hotter then crap. I only do it for one reason... self preservation. Call it a rash preventer.. I seem to crash often enough that the little bit of extra protection to keep me from getting all scraped up... seems to be worth the heat endured.

I figure I sweat off a little more weight that way as well. :smirk:

• canammx1

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:33 PM

I have always worn a t shirt under my jersey

• YZrider2112

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:42 PM

I have always worn a t shirt under my jersey

Same. Prevents a rash from chest protectors too.

• Memnok

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:52 PM

+1 with the Under Armor shirt. I have one for the Summer and a long sleeve version for the Winter.

+2 for the Under Armor. I wear a cheaper Nike version under a compression suit. I was worried that the long sleeves would be too hot, but any air passing by feels like a air conditioning. I don't know how it works, but it does. Of course it's a dry heat in California, so maybe it wouldn't work so well in the south.

• trailmeisterjoe

Posted September 29, 2010 - 08:06 PM

obviously temperature is the key factor here. we ride year 'round out here and pretty soon it gets cool enough for another layer. NEVER a cotton t-shirt as it gets wet and holds cold to your body. under armor type wicks away moisture and dries fast. it beats adding a light jacket if you dont need to. same with underarmor leggins' too as it cools down.

Joe

• tal06

Posted September 29, 2010 - 08:25 PM

i wear skins. not sure if that counts as a shirt but i cant tell the difference temp wize between wearing them and not wearing them even in 40C heat. plus when i take my jersey off i dont have to sit around topless like a dbag or stink up a fresh shirt.

edit: do you guys get fit chicks jogging in skins over there without realising that it's actually underwear? its freaking awesome. god bless the skins inventors.

• 2strokeKX

Posted September 29, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Under Armor is great, It feels good, helps with the rubbing of gear, it breaths fine, and it helps with the sweating alot..... most of the military out here prefer wearing them

• Shawn250

Posted September 30, 2010 - 12:09 AM

Always wear a shirt to stop the chest protector chaffing me .

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Problem with 14 450s by boegey

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

anybody ride a 2015 yet? by pavetim

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX450F
  • Hot  58 replies
Forums
Photo

Did I get cheated? My "brand new" CRF250L came with 60 miles on it? by MichaelH77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  45 replies
Forums
Photo

Lets See Your XT & TT Pics. by rob69

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Vintage
  • Hot  127 replies
Forums
Photo

Kx 125 Build by NzJohny

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  27 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.