The best pipe for YZ 450f 2008

6 replies to this topic
  • shawnryan

Posted September 29, 2010 - 12:20 PM

what is the best pipe for the 2008 YZ 450f, In info would be great. Thanks

• Lankyrider

Posted September 29, 2010 - 12:41 PM

Well i don't think that there's a correct answer for this question, as everyone will tell you a different thing. I have a YZ450 08 and i putted a Two Brothers racing slip on which gave the bike some more power. It's one of the loudest exhausts but with the silencer will be ok. The reason that i changed the stock was because i crashed and broke it, wouldn't bother to change it in any other case.

• gbalias

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:15 PM

i put a full 2006 pipe on my 08 and i like it better.

not tooooo loud but it smoothed out the power hit a lil bit. plus the correct jetting w/JD kit helps too

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • silentZ

Posted September 30, 2010 - 06:18 AM

I am in the market also for a pipe for my 08.

These are some of the things I am looking for:

QUIET pipe!
Possible end cap replacement if I need a spark arrestor for OHV trails

Thanks!

• Kasjok

Posted September 30, 2010 - 09:38 AM

MRD is a valued exhaust system. I have it on my 08 and its great. I have the "low-mid" version of it and it helped a lot. True, pretty much any aftermarket exhaust would be better then the original one, but it stands apart also by the fact it is hand crafted quality piece from Mr. Harryman himself.

• stroker101

Posted September 30, 2010 - 01:09 PM

I am in the market also for a pipe for my 08.

These are some of the things I am looking for:

QUIET pipe!
Possible end cap replacement if I need a spark arrestor for OHV trails

Thanks!

LEXX MXe, for the price it is a well built slip-on, fits like a factory exhuast and does add power :smirk:

• jennysmike388

Posted October 01, 2010 - 05:20 PM

I just got a mint 08 yz450f and the guy I got it from put an Yosh system on it. He told me he talked to the guy from Eleven10 mods (Chad Sanner) and he said on the dyno they were getting 2 more horsepower with the Yosh than any other pipe. Now I never rode it with the stocker but I no the stocker sucks. I believe what the guy said because he knows his shit . My opinion is any pipe will help than the stocker that clogs it up! Im not sure how many different Yosh systems there are but I will check when I go to the basement tomarrow and I will let you know. Sorry , im new to the 4 stroke world . I just destroyed my smoker.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.