Hole in end of throttle tube

9 replies to this topic
  • spud

Posted June 29, 2003 - 11:17 AM

I usually ride with bark busters,and short bars. I want put my big bars back on without the busters. Anyone find an easy (HOME MADE) way to cover up the cut off throttle tube end, that looks ok. I want to avoid any possibility of a stuck throttle..

• yamahasocal450

Posted June 29, 2003 - 11:24 AM

takea soldiering iron or a welder or a low heat torch and melt a piece of plastic (cut to shape witha dremel) to the end of the throttle tube then put expoxy over theparts that look unsealed :)

• RPS

Posted June 29, 2003 - 11:40 AM

Moose make some bar end that you can use for about $14. I use them om my bike even thoug I dont run handguards. The save grips on diggers. Send me your e-mail and I will send you a pic or check out: http://www.gobike.com.au/prod2621.htm for to somthing similar.

• spud

Posted June 29, 2003 - 02:24 PM

MY plastic welding skill has problems, I was thinking of sticking a WD40 can lid over the end ( if it fits)and then a new grip or something similar :). Will those after market bar ends still let in the dirt under the tube ? thanks for the ideas :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 29, 2003 - 02:44 PM

By the metal throttle tubes. The plastic stock ones can crack when drilling. I went thru the first set and have since gone with metal tubes. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueThunder

Posted June 29, 2003 - 08:45 PM

Who makes a good billet throttle tube Indy? All the ones I see are for single cable smokers but I'd really like to invest in one.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 30, 2003 - 06:57 PM

Fastway makes great billet throttle tubes
$25.00 and they are solid. You wont wear these out.

• BlueThunder

Posted June 30, 2003 - 09:31 PM

Thx Indy........got one on the way. Those are a nice looking piece.

• Math

Posted July 02, 2003 - 08:31 AM

I did the WD40 mod :D I putted the red can lid under the throttle grip but it broke easily in several pieces... :)

• IceBox

Posted July 02, 2003 - 08:50 AM

Any idea what is different between 98-00 WR's and an '03 WR450 throttle tube?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.