IMS Natural Tank Cleanup

5 replies to this topic
  • mweitz

Posted September 28, 2010 - 11:57 AM

I picked up some parts for my WR426 off CL, CF frame guards, rad scoops, side panels etc. Got a nice deal on all of it.

While I was yakking with the guy I told him I was doing a WR to YZ tank / seat conversion and he mentioned he had a natural IMS tank in the back and that it was a mess and partially painted.

I had him pull it out and after looking it over offered him 15 bucks which he took.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mweitz

Posted September 28, 2010 - 11:59 AM

I posted up on http://www.southbayriders.com (SBR) a local moto forum in the South San Francisco Bay Area of CA. Folks suggested a variety of things, so I tried them all. The most successful with EZ Off Oven cleaner. I also had good luck with gasoline and a toothbrush and carb cleaner and a toothbrush.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mweitz

Posted September 28, 2010 - 12:00 PM

I ordered up a new petcock, and cleaned up the hardware that was on there and put it all together. I also ordered a nicer cap for it. The cap cost as much as the tank and petcock!

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted September 28, 2010 - 01:41 PM

that turned out nice.... (so is the bike)
jay

• mweitz

Posted September 28, 2010 - 05:37 PM

that turned out nice.... (so is the bike)
jay

Thanks!

I've been working on the bike for about a month. I'm almost finished, it seems there is always some little thing to do :smirk: :p

• Flagstaff

Posted October 05, 2010 - 07:50 PM

Looks good, Ipaid I think $165 for mine, for a '06 wr450. Had more money than time, at the time. It was mint, though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.