Getting really hot?

4 replies to this topic
  • ethann

Posted September 25, 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hello,

Yesterday was my first decent ride on my wr450f.
It has a FMF Factory 4 with a Titanium header, It gets really hot, At night it will glow red.

I am worried that if its getting that hot that if I am to come off a rock may crush the header?

Also when I turn it off to have a breather it's bubbling back into the overflow bottle, Is that normal? Happens for about 30 od seconds then stops.

Sorry for all the questions but just getting into these big bad arse bikes haha.

Cheers,
Ethan.

• desertlover

Posted September 26, 2010 - 07:40 PM

I would read up on jetting your bike and sort that out first. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted September 28, 2010 - 11:15 AM

I second that....

In addition, a few things to look into.

Get a new radiator cap, it might not be holding presusre.

If you did not re-jet after installing the exhause you are likely running lean.

Also, make sure you have fresh coolant.

Check you oil to make sure there is no water present.

Hope that helps. :smirk:

• ethann

Posted September 30, 2010 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for your replies.

I'll be doing a full service before next ride.
And have an inspection for registration next week so i might talk to the fella about jetting cause im new to it lol.

Edited by ethann, September 30, 2010 - 03:47 AM.

• adem188

Posted September 30, 2010 - 03:40 AM

just ride it like u stole it and dont worry too much having fun is really the number 1 thing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.