Tire Presures

3 replies to this topic
  • nicbodd

Posted September 24, 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hi Guys
Have fitted new Michelin AC10 tires and are wondering what presure is recomended for bitumen and dirt road usage, i have 300 kms to do on them tomorrow
Cheers Nic

• desertlover

Posted September 26, 2010 - 07:44 PM

Bitumen? I don't know what that is? I run mine at 14-15psi. it's a little high, but I don't like pinch flats much either.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • homer2000

Posted September 26, 2010 - 09:58 PM

I reckon for dirt riding it's better to have the pressure low for more traction, not too low of course. Just common sense, you should know from your last tires

• woods-rider

Posted September 27, 2010 - 07:46 PM

For dirt road you probably want to run them no lower than 12psi assuming you will be going fairly fast on them to avoid pinch flats and typically dirt roads don't have much problems with traction.

On a side note, if you want to be able to really vary your pressure get the tubliss system. I have it and have gone as low as 2 psi without worrying about a pinch flat or losing a bead.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.