WR450 Ignition Timing

1 reply to this topic
  • curtis916

Posted June 27, 2003 - 08:17 PM

Is the ignition timing adjustable? My motor pings sometimes under load at light to medium throttle (2nd gear). I have increased the main jet to a 160 and the pilot to a 48 and 2 1/2 turns out on the pilot screw. Using preminum gas. I did have the keyway shear and the dealer fixed it, but I was wondering if the ignition timing changed or was set properly. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted June 28, 2003 - 03:58 AM

You have to go with aftermarket ignition. I hear that Vortex has the best system for the YZ450's. I have not had problems with the stock yet. I will replace it with the Vortex this winter.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.