07 exhaust question

11 replies to this topic
  • trueblue989

Posted September 24, 2010 - 02:05 PM

i have an 07 450 and will be looking for an exhaust system. the problem is that there are not near as many for the 07. could i put an 08 header on my 07 and if i can what should i put on? it seems like everyone has an fmf or pro circiut. any help would be awesome

• bendover932

Posted September 24, 2010 - 03:28 PM

i thought that 06-09 aftermarket exhausts were the same part number?...coulda swore thats what i saw on the drd bag when i opened it...

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2010 - 03:35 PM

i have an 07 450 and will be looking for an exhaust system. the problem is that there are not near as many for the 07. could i put an 08 header on my 07 and if i can what should i put on? it seems like everyone has an fmf or pro circiut. any help would be awesome

You should avoid the '08-'09 header. It's too large in diameter to produce really good power (a compensation for the junk muffler they came with).

By the sound of things, you are looking for a slip-on, not a full system. MRD, Dubach Racing (DRD), and virtually everyone else makes full systems for the '06-'09 models, but most don't make slip-ons, because except for the '08-'09, slip-ons are almost nothing but bling. Unless you are looking for something really quiet with a spark arrestor, in which case an FMF Q would be available, a slip-on with do very little more for you and your '07 than empty out your wallet.

• trueblue989

Posted September 25, 2010 - 02:38 PM

im not sure if i really want an exhaust, my bike already has enough stuff for me anyway. i just wish it sounded better, and the extra power would be nice to. but if i did which system makes the most power?

• Slinkyman16

Posted September 25, 2010 - 02:43 PM

Power is not as important as the curve is. U want an exhaust that will put the power where u need it. Most systems take from the top and add to the bottom end where most track guys need it. Where as some systems mimic the stock curve and enhance the upper and over rev..

What type of riding do u do? If ur just looking for a sparky a pmb end cap might be what ur looking for..

• trueblue989

Posted September 26, 2010 - 03:44 PM

i mostly ride in the woods. i have a little mx track at my house but i do not have allot of chances to go to an actual track so i got more into woods riding. i love to ride mx but there just isnt any close tracks to ride on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • STROKEDIESEL

Posted September 26, 2010 - 07:00 PM

i have a pmb end cap on my 07 and couldnt be happier. i ride woods also and its pretty safe to say you have all the power you need. cost was about 130 bucks IIRC..they'll do other colors than blue if you ask.

• trueblue989

Posted September 27, 2010 - 04:14 PM

im sorry but wat does pmb mean, cuz i have no clue.

• kdub442

Posted September 27, 2010 - 05:32 PM

I have an 07 w/ Big Gun Race Series Full system. The bike is stock minus the exhaust and carb has Zipty mod w/ jetting. I bought it w/ the exhaust and did the carb. The exhaust has a easy to remove or insert spark arrestor. It is pretty loud. I don't have any comparison, but I know it rips. Consistently if riddden properly can get the hole shot in over 40. That is with 240lb of rider not including gear. Looks good too.

• masterraptor

Posted September 27, 2010 - 08:53 PM

Sounds like you just need this:

http://shop.thumpert...haust_s/906.htm

Adds noticeable power and has throaty sound, but still very quiet.

• stroker101

Posted September 28, 2010 - 01:45 PM

"08 header on my 07"

then install a LEXX MXe slip-on...

the LEXX definetly gave my 09YZ450F the power it was lacking.

• STROKEDIESEL

Posted September 28, 2010 - 07:22 PM

im sorry but wat does pmb mean, cuz i have no clue.

sorry about that its pro moto billet. they look like this! Posted Image :smirk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.