Oil comsuption question

3 replies to this topic
  • Dirtscience

Posted June 27, 2003 - 04:56 PM

Hi again guys,
What kind of oil consumption does your BRP have? On my last two oil changes I have noticed after about 400 miles after oil change my oil level is down 3/8 of an inch on the dipstick. I made absolutely sure not to over fill my oil ever and always get right close to the last hash mark on the dipstick. I have no visible oil leaks, nothing in the air box and no vent tubes pinched. This is a brand new BRP with about 1600 miles on it now. I just wanted to check and see if this seems normal to some or if you guys think I may actually be developing a problem. This bike does get flogged from time to time and I thought that might be the problem. The last time I changed my oil I went for a fairly strenuous desert ride (67) miles and checked the oil and it was still topped off.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

• smashinz2002

Posted June 27, 2003 - 05:54 PM

Yep, that sound about right man, about 3/8" down the stick after 400 or so miles. Mine does the same thing. My BRP now has about 2400 miles on it, and I usually change the oil and filter every 300 to 500 miles, depending on the riding conditions. I honestly think it's normal for the bike to use a small amount of oil between changes, doesn't seem to be a problem.
L.L. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted June 27, 2003 - 07:23 PM

It does drink a little oil, but some of it may be blowing out the crankcase breather if you are de smogged. 3,400 miles on my little piggy. :)

• Dirtscience

Posted June 28, 2003 - 02:31 AM

That puts my mind at ease. Thanks for the reply's guys. Have a great Weekend.

Mark.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.