GPS Topo Questions

4 replies to this topic
  • pedman

Posted June 27, 2003 - 10:29 AM

Anyone using the National Geographic Topo maps? If you are, have you found a way to copy your CD information to the hard drive so that you do not have to change CD's constantly?

What a pain this is.... :)

• endurodog

Posted June 27, 2003 - 02:47 PM

I have the Colorado set and don't like it very well. It was expensive too. My Garmin map stuff I like. Can't help ya with copying them to a hard drive.

Does anyone else out there have a Topo program you like??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted June 27, 2003 - 06:01 PM

goto my computer then click on the drive it is in if this starts the program then right click on hte drive its in then click explore then look around at waht you need then copy it and paste it :) :D should work :D

• ralphfurley

Posted June 28, 2003 - 02:03 AM

get CloneCd and create virtual Cd drives.
You then can mount/unmount each CD rom disk image
I do this with the Calif topo maps (10 cd's)

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted June 28, 2003 - 06:50 PM

Check this out.
web page for Topofusion

I've been using this for awhile now and each update has improved the program. The best part is the USGS topo maps are pulled for the Microsoft Terraserver as you need them. If you have a dial up internet connection be prepared for a wait to get the maps.
It's worth checking out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.