kick the bike over with out pulling compression lever in

6 replies to this topic
  • dancross

Posted September 20, 2010 - 12:10 PM

i just put a new head gasket on my 426 and now ive put it back together i can kick the bike over easy without pulling the decompression lever in. any ideas??

• William1

Posted September 20, 2010 - 12:39 PM

Re-check the cam timing.
Confirm the decomp is working and is not hung up.

• PBDBLUE

Posted September 20, 2010 - 06:15 PM

I assume you checked the valve clearances? I'm working on a friend's 426 right now with the same problem. Center intake valve is shot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dancross

Posted September 21, 2010 - 06:35 AM

cheers. i checked the timing all is ok. some times the decomp lever pushes the valve down and on other times in misses the valve completly. ill check the valve clearances now. cheers

• woods-rider

Posted September 22, 2010 - 08:34 PM

I know mine is a 450 and newer but I never ever use my lever.

• mongial

Posted September 23, 2010 - 02:02 PM

The 426 does not have an auto decomp (the 450's do). It is a hole new process to kick a 426 over!

• jsantapau

Posted September 23, 2010 - 06:51 PM

cheers. i checked the timing all is ok. some times the decomp lever pushes the valve down and on other times in misses the valve completly. ill check the valve clearances now. cheers

make sure the valve bucket isn't sticking in its bore

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.