Water from hole in cylinder head?

2 replies to this topic
  • Robert_Brazil

Posted September 19, 2010 - 07:54 AM

Washed my bike yesterday and when starting and inspecting all, I noticed that a bit of liquid was coming out of the right side of the cylinder head (small hole in the center middle) is this just water from the washing or indicates some kind of internal leak in the cooling system? If so what should i do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted September 19, 2010 - 08:12 AM

That's just the drain hole for where your spark plug is.
If you just washed your bike, then it;s doing it's job, and you have nothing to worry about.

You should also hit that hole with a little compressed air before taking out your spark plug (after you pull the plug boot/cap off) to clear out debris and stuff

• crooks420

Posted September 20, 2010 - 04:54 PM

Always a good idea to blast that hole and around the plug with compressed air before removing the spark plug.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.