Hot Weather, bike preformed better then ever

3 replies to this topic
  • Ernie_Taylor

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:04 PM

My friend and I where out riding in this heat wave up here in Ontario and both are bikes rain the best they have in a long time.
Why is this,does this mean are jetting can be improved over all. :)

• Jetster220

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:13 PM

I had the understanding that bikes tend to run better when its cooler because of the air being denser so that it can suck in more O2 with every stroke allowing it to burn more therefor increasing power. Now I am also curios, anyone got the real answer to this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:43 PM

maybe the bike was lean to start with... but up in canada its pretty cold to start with :D :) :D :D :D

• dominator426

Posted June 26, 2003 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, you may have been jetted too lean for colder temps...and perhaps for your mods, if any.
As Jetster mentions, colder, denser air provides more power, with proper jetting to match the extra available oxygen.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.