wr450 surging

4 replies to this topic
  • Halfy

Posted September 17, 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hi all, I've recently made the switch to 4-stroke and just bought an '08 WR450F and i've noticed when riding at a constant speed on a flat road that it tends to surge a bit, does anyone have any tips on where to start? does it sound like a fuel problem?

• miweber929

Posted September 18, 2010 - 04:34 AM

Search the forums, common problem, been addressed many times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted September 18, 2010 - 07:17 AM

Look for TPS stutter

• klossWR450

Posted September 20, 2010 - 02:12 PM

as above, disconnecting the TPS sensor should sort it out

• MaddogYZ

Posted September 20, 2010 - 04:28 PM

as above, disconnecting the TPS sensor should sort it out

Before you simply disconnect it I would go through the TPS checks that are clearly instructed in your manual. Even a bafoon with a multimeter can do the checks with a buddy to help hold one of the probes. The system checks really do work too, my bike had a steady throttle stutter that I ignored and dealt with for two years :worthy:. Two weeks ago I did the TPS checks and it was slightly out of adjusment (.89V I think), adjusted it to middle spec and it runs smooth as silk now :ride::banghead:. Such an idiot for not checking it earlier.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.