How does a quiet insert effect jetting?

It can be a little hard to guess sometimes which way it will go, but yes, sometimes if the insert interferes enough with air flow though and out, it can cause a lean condition by softening the strength of the intake vacuum in the carb. Once you get it running, see what happens if you back the fuel screw out a ways. That will tell you (and it may be all you need to do).

This doesn't answer your question, but I had the same convo with a friend on his 09 with a quiet insert; not the same brand as yours and his jetting is a tad different.

It did affect his but just minimally, not poppping and not lean. His actually became a tad richer down low and he lost some high end rpm. I left his place late and he did not turn the fs so maybe he'll have a report at the end of the weekend....but I'll be in Italy and won't know of his final tune findings.

Sounds lean then, since making it richer helps, don't you think? Has the bike stood around unused for a month or two at some point before this started?

It gets ridden usually every other weekend. Like i said bike ran 100% before this insert was installed. Ill mess with the clip position and see if that helps at all.