Oil Filter Direction?

5 replies to this topic
  • travis801

Posted September 17, 2010 - 10:33 AM

I was changing my oil on my yz450f 2005 and realized I don't remember what way the new filter goes in? The manual doesn't ever say... So does the opening of the filter face out, or in?

• wondermuscle

Posted September 17, 2010 - 11:06 AM

It can only go in one way and have the cover fit..... The filter cover has a boss on it that fits in the hole of the filter.

• woods-rider

Posted September 17, 2010 - 11:16 AM

It can only go in one way and have the cover fit..... The filter cover has a boss on it that fits in the hole of the filter.

X2, absolutely correct.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • travis801

Posted September 17, 2010 - 12:36 PM

Thanks, Guess that's what I get for being too precautions. If I would have just tried, I would have figured it out.

• swolf

Posted September 17, 2010 - 08:39 PM

better to be safe than sorry:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted September 18, 2010 - 02:20 PM

I'll add... some aftermarket oil filter covers will allow the filter to be installed either way. The price some pay for bling....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.