Looking for a quiet exhaust!

6 replies to this topic
  • BaileyAZ

Posted September 16, 2010 - 06:34 PM

I am currently running a stock 08 exhaust with a PMB tip. I would like to upgrade to a slip on in the near future, but can not decide what direction to go. I ride with a couple of buddies that run FMF Q exhaust and they are quite. Are there any other pipes out there that will give me a quite tone. On a side note, I am thinking about getting an insert for the PMB, but I would like more power!

• Jim813

Posted September 17, 2010 - 05:15 AM

Do a search for "quiet ehxaust" on this forum and you will find quite a bit of info. The Leo-Vince is one of the most impressive to me, as it's quiet and exceptionally well made. They come with a bunch of inserts to tune the sound and power along with a spark arrestor. I have one I plan to test in the next few weeks, so if you don't make a decision by then I will let you know how it works.

• pscook

Posted September 17, 2010 - 05:36 AM

Do a search for "quiet ehxaust" on this forum and you will find quite a bit of info. The Leo-Vince is one of the most impressive to me, as it's quiet and exceptionally well made. They come with a bunch of inserts to tune the sound and power along with a spark arrestor. I have one I plan to test in the next few weeks, so if you don't make a decision by then I will let you know how it works.

The Leo Vince is exceptionally quiet with the appropriate inserts in place, and excruciatingly loud with them removed. Jetting is required when you install the insert, but it is super-duper quiet. Fit was excellent and the finish is very nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stroker101

Posted September 17, 2010 - 01:32 PM

LEXX MXe is pretty quiet with their insert installed. nice performance gains also. sweet price. almost simular to the Leo Vince pipe

• skoobeesnak

Posted September 17, 2010 - 07:16 PM

LEXX MXe is pretty quiet with their insert installed. nice performance gains also. sweet price. almost simular to the Leo Vince pipe

Another happy Lexx pipe customer here. Good quality and you can't beat the price.

• m818m

Posted September 18, 2010 - 06:59 AM

lexx w/quiet core... very quite and easy to change ends in & out....

• BaileyAZ

Posted September 23, 2010 - 09:42 PM

Thank you for the replies!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.