radiator braces anyone?

12 replies to this topic
  • secretatlas

Posted June 26, 2003 - 08:20 AM

i have to bring both radiators in to fontana radiator works next week. i'm getting sick of smashing them.

who has figured out how to brace up their radiators without restricting airflow?

anybody make a bracket rig that adds strength?

• Dutch

Posted June 26, 2003 - 02:05 PM

I have been using Devol guards for the last two seasons and have gone through 3 pair of radiator shrouds, (how she earned the name "Bang Bang Betty"), without destroying the radiators. The Devols were well worth the money.

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted June 26, 2003 - 05:39 PM

I also have the Devols and they are indestructible. Last weekend at Lake Moreno I tipped over on a big rock and the only thing that happened was that my graphics on the shroud got chewed up (that is what stickers are for). The Devol front front disc guard is also a good investment. :)

• CISCO

Posted June 26, 2003 - 06:29 PM

www.flatlandracing.com
I just put mine on. Like a Devol but thicker aluminum. Indestructible and $79.00. Real cool guys over thar in Kansas :) Not sure if they have ones for XR's?

• Rokatt88

Posted June 27, 2003 - 05:19 AM

I just purchased the Works Performance Rad. Guards. I still gotta put 'em on. These do not replace the stock deflectors in the front and appear to give side support. I'll have better info. once I bolt them up. Until then...I'm outta here! :)

• secretatlas

Posted June 27, 2003 - 05:44 AM

thanks for the suggestions all. rockett, i'm interested in the works performance guards. how much were they? and you said they don't replace the louvers?

let me know how they install.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rokatt88

Posted June 27, 2003 - 06:29 AM

Yep, ya keep the stock louvers. I got mine for under 50 semolians at Rocky Mountain. I got a wild hair and got Works Performance parts for my Pig, my son's KDX & My Knuckle Dragger (CR500R). I'll mount up the rad guards for the XR this weekend and get'cha the 411. :)

• BrianVT

Posted June 27, 2003 - 04:30 PM

Rokatt,
Searched "rocky mountain motorcycle", nada. WP only lists shock on their site. Can you hook us up ?
T.i.a.,
Brian

• stonewall

Posted June 27, 2003 - 04:46 PM

www.rockymountainmc.com $45.99 part# W18085
They mount on the sides and behind the radiator so you don't have to touch the stock louvers. I have had mine for almost a year and they seem to work just fine. They mount up easy and the price is right. :)

• BrianVT

Posted June 27, 2003 - 04:54 PM

Thanks. I'm sold.

• qadsan

Posted June 30, 2003 - 05:57 PM

Works Performance Rad. Guards.

I got the same and they also bolted up nicely. I've not really tested them out yet in terms of falling hard on the radiators, but I'm sure they're better than nothing and they don't restrict the air flow.

• Rokatt88

Posted July 01, 2003 - 05:08 AM

Haven't had a chance to bolt up my braces yet, but they look real cool in their wrapper and they support the cardboard real good! :)

• Rokatt88

Posted July 02, 2003 - 05:33 AM

Alllrighty Then...Bolted on the Works Rad Braces last night. Very easy install and they support the radiators very well. I give them 2 thumbs up on the Rokatt Rater :) :D :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.