suspention mods.

4 replies to this topic
  • RadicalSkip

Posted February 16, 2001 - 07:57 PM

Hi all I'm new to the forum,maybe someone can help me I need some setting"s for racing harescrambles, if you guys have any. I race sx and mx for many yrs. Now I broke my back I can't jump as much anymore. So I want to race some scrambles I weigh 190 and my exp. is expert +35. I racing 00 YZ 426.
Thank's Skip

------------------

• Boit

Posted February 16, 2001 - 11:02 PM

Are you asking about settings on the stock suspension? If that's the case, I would start with the stock settings and then experiment. You shouldn't have to go far from stock, except that at 190lbs., I think you are heavier than the stock target rider. If you are interested in aftermarket shops, there are many who can do a good job. Like you, I fractured a vertebra a few years ago and needed plusher supension that normal. I went with MX-Tech. I couldn't be more pleased. RG3 is another top-notch shop from what I've heard. The '00 426 is known for blowing the fork mid-valve.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RadicalSkip

Posted February 17, 2001 - 06:38 PM

Thanks Boit,yes it is stock suspention and springs I have it set up for sx right now.
I know how to set it for sx and mx, but for woods racing I never mess with setings before it's will be new for me. thanks for your help...
Skip

• MikeOK

Posted February 17, 2001 - 07:16 PM

Welcome Skip- I am also riding a 00 426, and at about 200 lb's I've been able to use the stock stuff, just spend a little time dialing them in and I think you'll be fine. I ran across an article on forks a few months back and if I remember right they gave high praise to MX-Tech. I'll do a little digging and see if I can find more info...

Mike

• RadicalSkip

Posted February 17, 2001 - 07:56 PM

Originally posted by MikeOK:
Welcome Skip- I am also riding a 00 426, and at about 200 lb's I've been able to use the stock stuff, just spend a little time dialing them in and I think you'll be fine. I ran across an article on forks a few months back and if I remember right they gave high praise to MX-Tech. I'll do a little digging and see if I can find more info...

Mike

Thanks Mike,
anything would be helpful :)This forum is a very nice place...
thanks again
Skip

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.