Uptight pipe

2 replies to this topic
  • fastkevin

Posted February 16, 2001 - 06:25 PM

Uptight claims a significant hp gain using their can. Plus even more when using their header- 53-55hp ( YZ 400). I dyno'd my bike (at Willow Springs) last weekend. It has an E-series pipe and header. I got a 44.5hp reading on the L&L dyno (after being seriously flogged) If anybody has experience with the Uptight please let me know. My plan is to install the whole package and see what happens. He told me that if I don't receive a significant gain in power, he'll take it back. If you noticed, his claims are equal to the claims of the big bore kit, and he's not shy about it. I'll post what MY results are

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted February 16, 2001 - 11:12 PM

That's a very interesting claim. There was/is a company called Works Racing that offered the CNC head porting service. I contacted them asking about the service and they emailed me about their dyno using the Up-Tite setup. However, their web site won't load now...and hasn't for some time. They may have gone out of business. I'm very interested in what you think about this exhaust system.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 17, 2001 - 09:31 PM

Does Uptight have a web page to look at?

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.