Installing a Athena Big bore

3 replies to this topic
  • SCRC John

Posted September 14, 2010 - 09:24 PM

I was wondering what to expect for a break in period for this big bore kit? How long before the rings seat good and should it be ridden a certain way during break-in?

• CanadianWR450

Posted September 15, 2010 - 10:04 AM

You should break it in as you would any other engine with a new top end, big bore or not.

many, many different views on how ppl like to break in engines....but the fact that it is a Athena 480 big bore kit is irrelevant...it's a engine with a new piston/cylinder.

Do a search on here "Engine break in" and pick your poison.
The "Motoman" method seems to be popular.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SCRC John

Posted September 16, 2010 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Canadian...I'll do that.:ride:

• Bushdog

Posted October 25, 2010 - 10:27 PM

oo yeah. I'm a lumber jack and im ok, i drink all night and i work all day, im a lumber jack and im ok, i have a WR450 but its not big enough for me... right...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.