Drz400s 2011

19 replies to this topic
  • Dambo-DD

Posted September 14, 2010 - 12:53 PM

What is that ? how come ?
Suzuki is not stopped the production of the legend?
is that just the left overs of the legendary Z 2009 ?

link :
http://suzukicycles....11/DRZ400S.aspx

i truly hope that Suzuki will keep the Z in production for more years ...

• KDXiled

Posted September 14, 2010 - 12:57 PM

Suzuki skipped alot of models in 2010 expect more in 2011

• Drumboy

Posted September 14, 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'd go with this one.

http://suzukicycles....tegory=off road

• Ryel

Posted September 14, 2010 - 02:27 PM

so did they overproduce/under sell so many in 2009 that they just skipped building anymore in 2010?

• RdnDrty

Posted September 14, 2010 - 06:27 PM

i heard that suzuki as well as kawi had so many leftover 09's laying around in warehouses that they stopped production on many atv and dirt bike models for 2010.. according to what my dealer said is that you can expect more production numbers for 2011.. And if you have seen the hideous 2010 DRZsm to me it looks like they put together whatever plastics they had leftover from 09 ( black and white) and just put it together w/ blue stickers and wheels.. Just what it seems to me.

• NEKOOHC

Posted September 15, 2010 - 12:41 AM

add new plates

add new graphics

new model arrives

• icecold

Posted September 15, 2010 - 04:40 AM

add new plates

add new graphics

new model arrives

That's why I keep my Sisneros built 2002 DRZ S BigBore ! It's better than a 2010 model ! :ride:

• Dambo-DD

Posted September 15, 2010 - 12:47 PM

i heard that suzuki as well as kawi had so many leftover 09's laying around in warehouses that they stopped production on many atv and dirt bike models for 2010.. according to what my dealer said is that you can expect more production numbers for 2011.. And if you have seen the hideous 2010 DRZsm to me it looks like they put together whatever plastics they had leftover from 09 ( black and white) and just put it together w/ blue stickers and wheels.. Just what it seems to me.

+1 on that :ride:

i really dont care if they over produced or under sell or anything else , as long as they keep the DRZ400s\Sm for sales as new, even if it means that the 2013(hopfuly) DRZ will assembled from parts that manufactured at 2009 ...

• suzuki sm nut 123

Posted September 15, 2010 - 05:43 PM

I will keep my "06" SM untill it absoultly becomes unridable.

now if they make a SM fuel injected six speed all bets are off

• daffy67

Posted September 15, 2010 - 09:59 PM

'Bold new graphics' again:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ken in Regina

Posted September 16, 2010 - 09:00 AM

I would kill for a six-speed. Not so sure about the fuel injection. That adds a fuel pump. With a dead battery in the boonies, how do you get the thing restarted? If there's a good answer to that, my concerns go away.

...ken...

• Jobistober

Posted September 16, 2010 - 10:29 AM

+ infinity :ride:

• f2dog

Posted September 16, 2010 - 10:37 AM

I would kill for a six-speed. Not so sure about the fuel injection. That adds a fuel pump. With a dead battery in the boonies, how do you get the thing restarted? If there's a good answer to that, my concerns go away.

...ken...

RMZ450 is FI , still got a kick for starting..

• Ken in Regina

Posted September 16, 2010 - 11:07 AM

RMZ450 is FI , still got a kick for starting..

But my SM doesn't and I have no plans to do that particular mod. I'm never going back to kicking. Not ever. :ride:

...ken...

• ptgarcia

Posted September 16, 2010 - 02:51 PM

...ken...

You'd have to start it the same way you'd start your SM without a kick start.

• Ken in Regina

Posted September 16, 2010 - 07:23 PM

You'd have to start it the same way you'd start your SM without a kick start.

You can actually bump start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery? Have you tried it? I don't know anyone who has so I'm asking a serious question. How far/fast do you have to push to get fuel pressure up?

Remember, the battery is flat so the fuel pump won't start up by itself as it usually does by just turning on the key.

I'm skeptical whether a kick-started bike will start with a dead battery, too, for the same reason.

I would be interested in hearing how this really works from someone with actual experience trying to start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery, either by kick or bump starting.

...ken...

• f-250ford

Posted September 16, 2010 - 07:32 PM

You can actually bump start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery? Have you tried it? I don't know anyone who has so I'm asking a serious question. How far/fast do you have to push to get fuel pressure up?

Remember, the battery is flat so the fuel pump won't start up by itself as it usually does by just turning on the key.

I'm skeptical whether a kick-started bike will start with a dead battery, too, for the same reason.

I would be interested in hearing how this really works from someone with actual experience trying to start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery, either by kick or bump starting.

...ken...

On my kfx450 if the battery is completely dead you cant start it with a kick or bump
but if the battery has some power left to prime the bike for 1-2sec then it will start with bump or kick

• Ken in Regina

Posted September 16, 2010 - 08:36 PM

On my kfx450 if the battery is completely dead you cant start it with a kick or bump
but if the battery has some power left to prime the bike for 1-2sec then it will start with bump or kick

That's what I was guessing to be the case. Thanks for the confirmation. Posted Image

...ken...

• f-250ford

Posted September 16, 2010 - 09:37 PM

That's what I was guessing to be the case. Thanks for the confirmation. Posted Image

...ken...

I have never tried to tow my Kfx450 up to speed to bump start it that might work.

• ptgarcia

Posted September 17, 2010 - 07:18 AM

I seen reports where people have bump started the WR250R. Check out the huge thread on Advrider.com.

By the way, you don't even have to have a battery to run fuel injection. The Yamaha YZ450F is set up with a battery-less fuel injection system. I'm sure most, if not all, of the other 450 race bikes are the same.

Related Content

Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DRZ400SM fork springs? by Ladyeclectic

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 20 replies
Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 3 replies
Wiki
Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension - last post by bmwpowere36m3

Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

$2000 for a decent DR-Z 400s...need a reality check!? by sbscale0309

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  30 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.