Street legality/dual sport questions

No replies to this topic
  • mtrdrms

Posted September 14, 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hey guys. Im a bit stumped on getting my 06 YZ450 street legal. I did some searching on here and on the web in general and it seems I would need to get a bigger stator to power the lights and such. I don't want to do that. Also, here in CT, the lights and stuff need to work with the bike off. So can I just run a small battery (like a YTX5) and stuff it in the airbox to power a basic dual sport kit? I also need brake lights and a high beam so does the baja kit have those? Is there any alternative to the baja kit, in kit form? I have read about guys piecing stuff together to make this work but I can't believe there is not an all-inclusive, battery-operated kit on the market for a motocross bike.

Thanks

Andy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.