Big Gun exhaust system...

3 replies to this topic
  • Gadsen

Posted June 25, 2003 - 04:56 PM

...Well, just bought a brand new "Big Gun" complete exhaust system online for $300. Anyway, the part number for the kit is 10Y-435, I need to know if this will be quiet enough for USFS land and if it has a spark arrestor. Anyone else have this system and how do you like it? Is it reasonably quiet? I have a 01 WR426FN and it has the stock exhaust system on it now. I hope this will improve power without making it obnoxiuos. I see these retail for well over 400 and up, did I do OK on price? :)

• Gadsen

Posted June 25, 2003 - 07:12 PM

Well, upon further inspection, it is the "race series" and I'm afraid it may be too loud. Not sure if it even has a spark arrestor yet. Oh well, if its not what I want, I'm sure I can sell it for what I have into it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaindrive

Posted June 26, 2003 - 01:03 AM

I have a Big Gun on my '99 WR400 (Race Series). WAY too loud (but sounds cool). I don't know whether to order or try to find a used Quiet Core insert for it, or just try to make my own, but I do want to quiet it a lot.

You won't be sneaking up on anyone with it. :)

• Gadsen

Posted June 29, 2003 - 03:24 PM

I have a Big Gun on my '99 WR400 (Race Series). WAY too loud (but sounds cool). I don't know whether to order or try to find a used Quiet Core insert for it, or just try to make my own, but I do want to quiet it a lot.

Well, I have passed on the Race Series Big Gun exhaust. I dont want loud at all. But I want power too. I know, its tough to have both. With the pressure of exhaust makers to build quiet stuff, I may just have a look around for a new quiet one that works. I'll let the rest in here do the R&D and then I'll just go and buy the right pipe in the first place. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.