dt-1

10 replies to this topic
  • delmas

Posted September 13, 2010 - 03:56 AM

put the dt-1 over cage system in my 2010 and it made a noticeable difference.

• tech24

Posted September 13, 2010 - 05:51 AM

good to know might try that out!

• eazrider

Posted September 13, 2010 - 06:32 AM

Did you have to do any trimming on the stock cage..? Did your filter have a hole dead center where it looked like it may have been designed to fit a different model with a center mounting stud..?

• delmas

Posted September 13, 2010 - 02:10 PM

Did you have to do any trimming on the stock cage..? Did your filter have a hole dead center where it looked like it may have been designed to fit a different model with a center mounting stud..?

they offer two filters.one for the stock cage and you do have to cut the tabs off the cage and one for the metal cage they sell.i got the full system and it works well.

• delmas

Posted September 13, 2010 - 02:22 PM

you will get better starts with this filter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve_97060

Posted September 13, 2010 - 04:45 PM

could you elaborate on the differences you noticed? what about the install, easy or modifications needed?

thanks...

• delmas

Posted September 13, 2010 - 05:34 PM

could you elaborate on the differences you noticed? what about the install, easy or modifications needed?

thanks...

no mods at all. There was a thread about air flow on this bike and I can not remember all what was said.You can tell the bike just runs better.More crisp throttle ,more bottom end .

• delmas

Posted September 19, 2010 - 05:11 PM

new report.
The dt-1 filter system puts so much air into the system that it completely
changed the performance of this bike.I was useing the yamaha turner setting
for sharp throttle responce,more overall power.That was with the stock filter system.Today i experimented and found a killer setting.when I changed to the DT-1 filter system it shortened the power band.I altered the Yam. setting for Gradual responce,very long,smooth power delivery to
this
I left the ignition the same as Yamaha lists and changed the fuel to
+3 +3 0
+3 +5 +1
+3 +5 +2
I have a DRD pipe .this is with out question the best setting I have run.
This setting comes on strong on bottom and runs all the way to the top .
No bog anywhere

• brentn

Posted September 19, 2010 - 07:22 PM

How does this differ from the twin air?

I put the twin air in my bike and really didn't notice any difference at all... Some pictures of what you get and how it fits a 2010 would be great.

• BBrown626

Posted September 19, 2010 - 07:32 PM

I found the biggest difference to be the noise level. The DT-1 over-the-cage filter is quieter than the twin-air flat filter. The stock is quieter than the twin air filter, but not as quiet as the DT-1. Performance difference? I didn't notice any. The filter has the advantage of a lot more filtering surface area, so it won't get loaded as fast.

• brentn

Posted September 19, 2010 - 08:33 PM

Eh... I find that even with a standard filter it doesn't get dirty very fast at all.

I've got about 2-3 hours on it right now of riding and the filter looks really clean, you can check my garage for a picture as it was taken after the ride.
Wouldn't mind a performance boost on the bike, but I don't want to spend 100$ to find out that it's the same as my twin air, which really didn't do anything at all.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.