yoshimura exhaust pipe Q

2 replies to this topic
  • sonic

Posted June 25, 2003 - 10:48 AM

I have a 01 yz426 and im thinking of purchasing the TRS tri-oval comp full system or the RS-3 comp full system. I have a FMF Q right now and im wanting more power so I think a better pipe will work im looking for more bottom to mid power so you people with these to pipes could you tell me what you think of the power gaines durability etc. on these pipes

thanks
:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_Moffitt

Posted June 25, 2003 - 07:36 PM

The power gain is through out the RPM range with the RS-3 Comp Slip-on but you will not pass at 96db even with the smallest TEC insert. The Yosh's are just too loud for CA, unless you race closed course comp... My last test was 98db with the smallest, 102db with the medium and 106db open. The Tri-Oval is even louder.

Save your cash wait for the WB E2. If you want a pipe now, the White Bros. E series S-Bend will pass with 4 to 5 discs and does not require a quiet insert, but that's choken it down a bit.

• sonic

Posted June 26, 2003 - 09:40 AM

thanks man i was thinking of the wite bros. but i wanted a power inprovement too and of what i heard its comparable to stock i guess i will keep on looking thanks for the post :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.