Awesome jetting LarryCo and Taffy - James Now Question?

7 replies to this topic
  • Eagle426

Posted June 25, 2003 - 09:15 AM

Thanks guys, I got the parts installed today and that thing rips (at least around the neighborhood). I cannot wait to open her up in the woods! We are heading to Hatfield-McCoy this weekend- I am really looking forward to it.

I am running: EKN-4, 160 MJ, 160 MAJ, 38 PJ, 65 PAJ, and 1.5 turns on the fuel screw.

My question is this: I am wanting to do the JamesNow mod for a little more bottom end hit, what will this do to my jetting? Do I have to lean it out any with the mod? :)

• LarryCO

Posted June 25, 2003 - 10:02 AM

Dont know...havent tried it myself...been pretty happy with the bike as is. I think that "Wicked Crash" has done this...so you may consider asking him via a PM...

Larry

• Wicked_Crash

Posted June 25, 2003 - 11:24 AM

When I did the JamesNow mod, I had to lean out the pilot circuit a little more. A lot of other guys who have done the mod didn't have adjust their jetting though. :D

Hey Larry, how are things going for you in the new flatland? :)

• LarryCO

Posted June 25, 2003 - 01:10 PM

Wicked,
Going pretty well amigo. Havent been home much though, been out here in LA working quite a bit. Should be coming to an end soon...then back to the northlands...

Have plans to go riding FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR north a bit from the cities. Should be a blast...get a chance to meet a few new folks, shake the rust off the darn bike, and re-do all of my jetting tests! Yeah, first ride since Feb. I believe, when we hit rampart before the big snows came.

How's things going with you? Any big trips planned? Might be heading out that way to get in some riding/fishing from 8/6 - 8/20 or so...depends on the work situation though. I'll keep ya posted...

Late

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted June 26, 2003 - 12:59 AM

I had to lean my pilot circut a little also.

• Wicked_Crash

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:08 AM

Larry,
Riding for only the second time this year?! That's torture! I'm heading over to Taylor Park for the weekend, should be a blast but I'll have to watch the creek crossings close. I heard the water is high and fast.

• Eagle426

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:56 AM

My pilot circuit now is a 38 PJ and 65 PAJ, how lean should I go? What about a 35 PJ and 60 PAJ, or should I just leave the 65 PAJ and go with a 35 PJ?

• LarryCO

Posted June 26, 2003 - 05:27 AM

I'd start with the same PJ, but change your PAJ/PAS to 70...then try a 75. If that doesnt work, you can try a 35PJ with about a 50PAJ...then a 55PAJ. If still having issues with the low end, try an EKQ with all of the aforementioned PJ/PAJ settings.

For the midrange, I'd try all of the tests listed above with your current clip#3...and if your midrange isnt very good, try moving to clip#2 with the best PJ/PAJ's from above.

Last thing would be to possibly lean out the MJ slightly...by 5 or so...which will subsequently affect your clip position, so you may have to retest on both #2 and #3.

Once you're done, post your results. Just make sure to make only a single change at one time, as you'll be chasing your tail if you dont do it in a controlled fashion.

Good luck!
Larry

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.