2006 rmz 250 leaking coolant

5 replies to this topic
  • shawnw675

Posted September 11, 2010 - 01:54 PM

my 2006 rmz is leaking coolant out of what looks like a little wheep hole on the bottom right side case..any ideas on how to fix this problem would be great thanks in advance.... shawn

• garrettstump

Posted September 12, 2010 - 10:44 AM

can you get a picture or something because i cant really help without it. also give a little better description, like is it on the bottom of the case like were the oil screw is or like toward the bottom but on the side? reason im asking is because im pretty sure coolent should not make it to the bottom of the engine.

• TravisK711

Posted September 12, 2010 - 12:07 PM

The mechanical seal on the back of the water pump impeller is bad. You need to remove the main right side cover and dissasemble the water pump impeller. There will be a standard seal going into the inside of the cover and the mechanical seal againts the impeller. The mechanical seal has a metal body with a spring and a plastic seal on the end of it that pushes against a ceramic piece inserted in the impelled itself.

Its very very important to press the mechanical seal in squarely into the case using an actual press or else it will continue to leak. The mechanical seal requires no lube other then the coolant it sits in.

• 250RMZ1987

Posted September 12, 2010 - 12:15 PM

i agree with garret there is a small weep hole on the side of my 07 250... but i never had coolant come out of there...post a pic of where its coming from

• daviduga1044

Posted September 27, 2010 - 06:32 AM

I have a 06 rmz 450, just recently put new cam chain, adjusted valves, new ring, head gasket etc...... well all was well rode it maybe 10 times, parked it in my shop, then went to get on it last weekend and took off and it started spraying out antifreeze from the over flow pretty bad. So I checked the coolant level it was low . So I added more, then took off again. Well stopped to check it and water was coming out around head gasket. Any suggestions its comming out around head gasket and overflow tub. Head gasket is only 3 months old, head bolts were tightend to specks. Need help

• D252

Posted September 30, 2010 - 06:03 PM

I have a 06 rmz 450, just recently put new cam chain, adjusted valves, new ring, head gasket etc...... well all was well rode it maybe 10 times, parked it in my shop, then went to get on it last weekend and took off and it started spraying out antifreeze from the over flow pretty bad. So I checked the coolant level it was low . So I added more, then took off again. Well stopped to check it and water was coming out around head gasket. Any suggestions its comming out around head gasket and overflow tub. Head gasket is only 3 months old, head bolts were tightend to specks. Need help

Head gasket is likely blown. dont ask how so fast but thats likely the cause. Or unlikely cause of head surface not being completely flat. But spraying water out of your overflow/head gasket usually means bad gasket.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.