WR426 or DRZ400

28 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted June 26, 2003 - 01:27 PM

If you think the WR426 is amazing (see Cid's post) wait until you ride the WR450. I didn't think I could love a bike more than my WR426. Well, I was wrong! :)

• Sylvain

Posted June 26, 2003 - 01:41 PM

Cid, Alleluia my friend, you saw the blue light. :D

Need we say more about the wr ? :)

:D :D

• Cid

Posted June 28, 2003 - 07:47 PM

I am actully in the process of installing my duel purpose kit on my WR 426. I'm useing the quick release kit from Baja designs (no stator wire soddering!). It is a very nice integrated duel purpost kit. Basically pops on and off and has very low key ero's...ie it looks nice =) Here in Texas we have alot of dirt roads off the Hwy's that are just begging to be hit. I can't wait :)

• oRGie

Posted June 29, 2003 - 12:12 AM

DRZ ! sure there a great bike, but they are yellow !! isnt that enough to want to go blue :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaindrive

Posted June 30, 2003 - 12:52 AM

DRZ ! sure there a great bike, but they are yellow !! isnt that enough to want to go blue

The '03 DRZ400S I was looking at as it sat right next to an unsellable WR450 at my dealer's was the same shade of blue... but STREET LEGAL! :) Yamaha just doesn't get it... :D When they build a "dual-sport" it is a total loser (on purpose?), so they they blame the poor sales on a low demand and use that as an excuse for not building a serious street-legal version of the WR (which would sell very well around here). They should look at Suzuki's sales figures for the DRZS. Suzuki owns the D.S. market. "Go Fast" stuff is easy to add; a legal MSO is impossible.

• Cid

Posted June 30, 2003 - 07:57 PM

My WR 426 duel sport conversion is costing right at about $600 with tires. No offense, but I didn't want a big heavy "pre-made" duelsport :) I wanted a light tall ready to smoke in the dirt....well Dirt bike? If I wanted street bike I would got a Harley. The kit I have adds 7lbs, and comes off in less then 10 min. Now that's duel sport =) There is no DRZ that will ever be able to touch a WR in the dirt :D

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted July 02, 2003 - 07:54 PM

BTW: 21 to 1 must be the new diesel bike being developed for the military and truck drivers like me? :D (poor guy makes ONE little typo and we are merciless! What are friends for?!! :) )

Hey, if someone made a diesel utility quad, I'd be down for one! :D

• Gordingull

Posted July 03, 2003 - 09:26 AM

I had DRZ400 and liked it very much. I just got WR450 and LOVE IT, I don't know about the 426 but if the question was about WR450 or DR-Z400, then I would definetly go for WR450. And I ride trails often.

• ogrebelle

Posted July 03, 2003 - 12:23 PM

Hey, if someone made a diesel utility quad, I'd be down for one!

toyota mdt tech:
Look at Polaris, they made a diesel Sportsman 4x4. I think it may be only in the 2001 model year (I know at least in 2001). It was their Sportsman 500 Super Utility Diesel. It was based on the Sportsman 500 4x4 chassis with a 455cc diesel powerplant. Marketed to ranchers and the like who always have an abundance of diesel at hand. I thought it looked pretty cool but never knew anyone who had ridden one. Go to www.polarisindustries.com and search for "deisel".
FYI...Doug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.