what other radiator will work?

3 replies to this topic
  • 802wrRider

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:30 AM

hey all, went for a ride last night and dumped the bike(weird). i ended up bending the lower neck on the right side radiator and also a few other spots. it doesnt seem to be leaking any coolant but im just wondering if any radiator from other bikes will fit properly on my '03 wr450. im having a hard time finding used ones. dont really have the cash at the moment for a good set. or will i be ok just running it the way it is. i bent the neck back a little so the rubber hose wasnt kinked anymore and still no leaking. what do you more experienced guys think?

thanks,

trevor~

• CanadianWR450

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:39 AM

assuming it still has good air flow through it and all the fins are not crushed together and it still cools the bike and no leak's I'd run it until you can replace it.

Mine are bent up pretty bad as well, but they still function, no leaks, and bike does not over heat, so they are staying on for the rest of the season (or until my next mishap does them in).

I'm going to put on a set of Mylers SuperCool's over the winter.
At $260 per set, a hell of a lot cheaper the OEM as well (I have not checked the TT store for them yet though...).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:44 AM

assuming it still has good air flow through it and all the fins are not crushed together and it still cools the bike and no leak's I'd run it until you can replace it.

Mine are bent up pretty bad as well, but they still function, no leaks, and bike does not over heat, so they are staying on for the rest of the season (or until my next mishap does them in).

I'm going to put on a set of Mylers SuperCool's over the winter.
At $260 per set, a hell of a lot cheaper the OEM as well (I have not checked the TT store for them yet though...).

Or just have Mylers fix yours.

• TLRam1

Posted September 11, 2010 - 11:12 PM

Or just have Mylers fix yours.

Fixed mine twice.

Bent

Posted Image

Repaired

Posted Image

With Stronger welds

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.