Anyone know where the 2010 yz450 article is that they recommended a woods setup?

6 replies to this topic
  • whiskey wheelie

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:17 AM

Cant seem to find that article and they gave good clicker settings for woods that worked pretty good as well as a good map.

Thanks guys.

• grayracer513

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:27 AM

Use the search, type in: 2010 woods

You'll get 5 pertinent threads in the top 10 hits.

• whiskey wheelie

Posted September 09, 2010 - 11:44 AM

boy... cant find it. Cant remember what company/magazine put it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whiskey wheelie

Posted September 09, 2010 - 11:52 AM

Nevermind... found it finally doing a google search. These settings seemed to help a lot from stock. BTW, thought the flat tracker vid was pretty sick!

http://www.directmot...ass-2010-yz450f

• HighRevz

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:30 AM

So how would this bike handling and weight wise feel compared to the 09 in the woods be? Is it REALLY woods worthy?

• whiskey wheelie

Posted September 10, 2010 - 10:18 PM

Personally... I've riden both... the 09 I believe is 9 lbs lighter due to the way the 10 was designed as well as efi. The 10' feels lighter though and turns 100x better... I also like how you can tone it down for effective woods riding as if your almost running a flywheel. Other than the gas tank being small and the largest one you can get at 2.5, It's an awesome trail bike even stock in my opinion... of course if your a decent trail rider. If your not... Id recommend a Kmart trail master. lol. Serious though... it turns better, feels lighter, and is extremely stable at high speeds... I couldnt ask for more.

• brentn

Posted September 11, 2010 - 10:15 AM

Going to try mine tomorrow! Pretty stoked!

I was putting around the yard in first using the clutch and I had no problem getting up small little curbs and holes, the clutch is great on this bike. I have a feeling it will be fine in the woods when I take it, even with the stock map. I have to wait for my tuner in the mail, takes 2 weeks apparently.

Comparing the weight and balance to my 250 two stroke (05) it feels very similar, I can't really notice the difference. Bike is very easy to turn and does not feel heavy at all from front or back. I noticed right away that the radiators are much lower than my two stroke, maybe to help with the center of gravity?
The oil drain bolts are retarded, both of them are in a position where if you leave the bike on a stand it leaks all over the place. The only effective way I can drain the oil on this thing is to loosen both bolts, and lean the bike against me at a serious angle and drain them into a bucket...
Too bad the triangle didn't fit on the other side of the rear wheel, cause then it would be perfect for this.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.