I keep stalling the motor 07 450

6 replies to this topic
  • spomey

Posted September 09, 2010 - 04:14 AM

I keep stalling the motor on my 07 when things get slow and tight. its caused me to lay it down several times. At first I thought it was me but I hopped back on my 96 YZ250 and I dont have the problem... My 96 two stroke racer has much better bottom end..

Steahly make a heavier clutch basket for $300 that adds 10 oz of rotating mass that should help, and I think I can get thicker heavier clutch plates and add a tooth or two to the back sprocket. I just hate spending money making a toy useable that should be that way from the factory.

I could get and auto clutch and I may but now I'd be in the $700 range. just griping...

What have you done to cure/alleviate/help this problem?

• matt4x4

Posted September 09, 2010 - 04:19 AM

it could be as simple as turning up your idle a bit, last weekend, I was stalling mine all over the place, turned the idle up a tad and got through the rest of the day just fine. My problem resides with the back tire I got on it right now, it loves to break free and lock up when I hit my rear brake, and the low idle along with that would stall it right out.

• kawi380

Posted September 09, 2010 - 08:22 AM

I would take a closer look at your jetting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted September 09, 2010 - 08:24 AM

+ 1 on faster idle speed.

Mine is set a little too rich on the pilot and wants to flame out, especially when it gets really hot, even with the auto clutch. I have seen a fuel screw with a flexible adjuster cable which I think would be sweet to help tune the carb without burning your fingers.

• jayh300

Posted September 09, 2010 - 08:32 AM

all good info...
i too rode two strokes forever when i got my wr and stalled it a ton learning to ride it...
bumped the idle up, geared mine down, really concentrate on clutch, and ride it more agressive...
that is what worked on mine..

• ASternad

Posted September 10, 2010 - 02:36 PM

Revloc has a auto clutch for $379 (and it allows for a bump start, when disengaged).
Otherwise the idle and jetting will most likely help.

• Strattos

Posted September 13, 2010 - 10:37 PM

+ 1 on faster idle speed.

Mine is set a little too rich on the pilot and wants to flame out, especially when it gets really hot, even with the auto clutch. I have seen a fuel screw with a flexible adjuster cable which I think would be sweet to help tune the carb without burning your fingers.

Agree.

In addition, check your needle and emulsifier tube (think that's what it's called) I was having the same problem, even when I raised the idle a touch.

Took it to a bike mechanic mate of mine and it turned out to be a worn needle, which would move around a bit allowing too much fuel in, flaming it out.

Plus it was also a little rich on the pilot - but the main cause was the worn needle, as I'd had the same pilot jet since new and the stalling problem only developed after about 8000ks.

Good as gold since replacing the needle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.