Can I insure a WR?

6 replies to this topic
  • vrecksler

Posted June 24, 2003 - 06:31 PM


Hey guys, I can normally be found in the DRZ section but my ride was stolen last weekend and I am looking to try something new.

I do need a bike that can be ridden on public roads though, and do not know much about the WR's. Can they be insured?


  • endurodog

Posted June 24, 2003 - 06:47 PM



  • huskyrider

Posted June 24, 2003 - 07:09 PM


ANYTHING can be insured for the right PRICE
If your bike is street legal they have to give you insurance as long as your insurable.
My agent told me mine were insured as "personal property off premises" in the event they were stolen and beyond that I'm on my own.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mr_Thumper

Posted June 24, 2003 - 09:41 PM


You might try I got the best deal from these guys for my yz450. I pay around 8 dollars per month. A small price to pay to protect against thieving bastards :)

  • FNG241_WR450F

Posted June 25, 2003 - 04:05 AM


I have full coverage on mine from Nationwide. It's about $15/month. Totally covered.

  • oldbones

Posted June 25, 2003 - 04:52 AM


Full coverage from farmers, $10/mo. Just wanted fire and theft, but the price was the same.

  • tp3dxf

Posted June 28, 2003 - 08:35 PM


Progressive is the best. And yes you can. At least here in Cal.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.