question about a petcock for wr400

3 replies to this topic
  • evan2187

Posted September 08, 2010 - 01:01 PM

is there any way to get the fuel filter for the petcock without having to buy the whole assembly? i was told i have to buy the whole assembly, and that they do not sell just the little filters for them. i need 2 of them, i have a 98 model wr400. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

• matt4x4

Posted September 09, 2010 - 05:33 AM

yes you need to buy the whole thing...or just put an inline filter on the fuel line and forget about it - only problem is you'll run on reserve all the time on either setting unless you glue a 1.5-2" standpipe on your "on" side. Make sure whatever epoxy you use isn't gasoline soluble.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • evan2187

Posted September 09, 2010 - 12:49 PM

thanks a bunch, i'm just going to put a filter in my fuel line. spend a few dollars on a filter or 46 dollars on a petcock? i'll go with a filter since im not a avid rider. thanks again.

• wild west al

Posted September 17, 2010 - 06:51 AM

I used a piece of aluminium tube from a hobby store that press fit and didnt need and adhesive.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.