2008 WR Inline Brake Light Switch

8 replies to this topic
  • 2lcf

Posted September 08, 2010 - 07:18 AM

Hello ALL...........I haven't been on here for a while..........which means I haven't been riding latley.......OK.....my question is, has anyone had issues installing an inline banjo hydrolic brake light switch....I put on on my bike it worked great then stopped working. My friend put one on his '07 and it stopped working, replaced it, same thing. Is there something in the DOT4 fluid killing them or are they just cheap Tiawanees pieces of crap....any and all help is appreciated........thanks......:ride:

• William1

Posted September 08, 2010 - 08:28 AM

Cheap switches. Where did you guys source them from?

• 2lcf

Posted September 08, 2010 - 10:04 AM

Cheap switches. Where did you guys source them from?

Local store in town................any suggestions on where to get GOOD ones...?????:ride:

• William1

Posted September 08, 2010 - 10:37 AM

I got mine from Baja Designs, three years and no problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2lcf

Posted September 08, 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks.............

• redhurricane

Posted September 08, 2010 - 11:44 AM

procycle.us, install it at the caliper, NOT at the master. I think heat from the exhaust was killing mine off when mounted at the master side.

• Bandit9

Posted September 08, 2010 - 05:12 PM

I've gone through 3 since last November.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted September 09, 2010 - 05:18 AM

I got mine from www.trickdualsport.com It has been on my 03 wr450 since March of 03. I've never had a problem with any product from Dale @ trick. It's all high quality stuff.
Jim

• 2lcf

Posted November 04, 2010 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the responses to my issue.........bought 2 from Baja Designs and the both have worked GREAT........numerous rides and alot of exhaust heat, so I think the ones we had before were cheap cheap......

Thanks again for the help............

:lol::smirk::excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.