motojackrack bike carrier

3 replies to this topic
  • sound

Posted February 13, 2001 - 08:40 PM

I just had a 2inch reciever class2 hitch installed so I could try my freinds jack rack. I need to take
my bike to the shop,but my trailer is snowed in. Plus I really want one of these racks so that when I
want to go for a ride I can skip the hour it takes getting ready and I can travel safely with my
bike.(my trailer is very old) I just searched on the net and it stated that the rack needs a class 3?
Anyone here have an opinion on this rack and its use with a class2?

• jj

Posted February 13, 2001 - 08:57 PM

You might be OK with a class 2 hitch. It all depends upon the weight of you bike.

I've talked to the guy that makes the Motojackrack he's a pretty nice guy. Give him a call and ask him.

Sorry no definitive answer.

I did find out that they make two racks one for bike under 300lbs and one for over. He assured me that I would be just fine with the standard rack (under 300). Although I just thought about the fact that I want the rack with the optional gas can attachment. Bike weighs 265 + 3.2 gallons + 5 gallons (8lbs/gallon). Hmmmmm over 300lbs...

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 02-13-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • teamtoxic

Posted February 14, 2001 - 05:46 AM

Be safe. If your vehicle isn't a little Geo Metro or something, get the Class III hitch. You can feel more confident with a class III. That's all my family has ever had for hitches, its worth the money.

------------------
YZ 426's suck!(all the air they can get)
THROTTLE JOCKEY......because all golf courses should be motocross tracks!

• Odie

Posted February 14, 2001 - 06:01 AM

I totally agree with Toxic. If you can swing it, get the class III. I don't think there's much of a price difference anyway.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.