IMS 3.1 tank & Scotts Steering Stabilizer

7 replies to this topic
  • 036dunc

Posted September 07, 2010 - 10:52 PM

Hi All,

I have been a member for a while now but this is my 1st post, lots of great info on this site thanks everyone.

Question, (I have done a search but cant seam to find the info I am after)

Can or has anyone fitted a Scotts Steering Stabilizer Under bar mount kit to a 2009 WR 450 with an IMS 3.1 Gallon tank. Looking at pics there does not seam to be much room for it.

Thanks

• JDLowrance

Posted September 08, 2010 - 05:24 AM

It'll fit just fine.

• tribalbc

Posted September 08, 2010 - 05:41 AM

It'll fit just fine.

X2

I don't have a stabalizer but I have the tank and there's plenty of room :ride:

• 2lcf

Posted September 08, 2010 - 07:13 AM

I just put a stabalizer and Clark 3.6 gallon tank on my 08 WR..........I did use the over the bar type kit and there is more than enough room...........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • schattat

Posted September 08, 2010 - 07:25 AM

Don't have the IMS tank, but the one from Acerbis (13L in size).
As you can see from the pic the submount damper fits perfectly!
Posted Image

• Deserthound

Posted September 08, 2010 - 08:19 AM

I've got an 07 WR450 (same bike as yours) with the 3.1 IMS and GPR under bar mount. Plenty of room.

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted September 08, 2010 - 12:20 PM

I do not know of any IMS/Scotts fitment issues at all and I know your WR setup will work just fine. I have seen a few Clarke Rm two stroke and Cr500 fitment issues but it is very few and far between.
Thanks-
Eric

• 036dunc

Posted September 08, 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the responses and I will go ahead and order a scotts damper.

Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.