01 wr 426f no balls

3 replies to this topic
  • brl01426

Posted September 07, 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hey I have an 01 WR426, and its slowley gotten less powerful to the point now where it has wayy less power. Its been converted to a "YZ" all plastics, seat and tank and what not, but also the muffler, the cam timing and i beleive thats it. I rode a yz426 from the same year and it was much more powerful, the only difference between them now as far as i know, is the flywheel which apparently makes a considerable difference. Is it an easy swap? Is there anything else i need to know to make it a full conversion, and also what would be making it lose power so bad? I will appreciate any input I can get from you guys, as I am about 270lbs haha, and need all the power i can get outa this thing.
Thanks

• GCannon

Posted September 07, 2010 - 02:14 PM

Clean the Carburetor and air filter, adjust the valves, clean the screen in the muffler. then let us know how its doing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brl01426

Posted September 07, 2010 - 02:34 PM

Ok thanks, whats involved in checking the valves? Im pretty mechanically inclined bikes and most things, ive just been away from it for a while.

• wroom

Posted September 07, 2010 - 06:27 PM

brl01426... This is a 98 WR400F..

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.