OT...I'm still devoted to Yamaha!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • r1superstar

Posted June 24, 2003 - 02:26 PM

I recently quit my job at South Valley Motorsports here in Utah to tackle my new task. I'm now the Asst. Sales Mgr. at Honda/Suzuki of Salt Lake.

I see, touch, and feel the Hondas and Suzukis all day long. But I am very pleased to say that I'm still devoted and impressed by Yamaha. I have never owned a Honda dirt bike and probably never will........ :)

What is your take on this change my fellow TT members??

• foursmoke

Posted June 24, 2003 - 03:46 PM

:D Just kidding :D Do what you have to do to put eats on the table. Good Luck!

Smoke :)

• PMAUST

Posted June 24, 2003 - 03:57 PM

I am totally devoted to our sport. But, when it comes to bikes I am a whore without remorse. In the last several years I have had Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and, KTM. I would still have them all if my wife didn't make me clean out the garage! :D Now, am down to a Honda, KTM and, my wifes TW200. I am fighting back the urge to get a new bike like you wouldn't believe! :D The other bikes look so lonely out there. :D
:)
Paul

• SMD

Posted June 24, 2003 - 04:00 PM

I have owned multiple Hondas over the decades....but my last three Dirt bikes have been blue. I see no reason to change at this time.Excellant bikes :)
I will say the fit,finish,trick fasteners and contrasting alloys are second to none on the Honda.I am sure all the "old reprobates" around here will flame me on this one.........but aluminum is the future.
Having said that Go Blue!! :D

• PMAUST

Posted June 24, 2003 - 04:12 PM

"I am sure all the "old reprobates" around here will flame me on this one.........but aluminum is the future."

Who you calling a "reprobate"!?!?!?! :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pedman

Posted June 25, 2003 - 06:05 AM

r1superstar,

Just think of it like this, no more seeing green kawasuckis :)

• Jetster220

Posted June 25, 2003 - 06:09 AM

Hey arnt those Kawasuckies also turning yellow now. :)

• KRobWR250

Posted June 25, 2003 - 11:16 AM

Hey Danny,Congrats on the new job. I'm not particularly brand loyal but I'd have to say Yamaha has been very good to me as well. My two WR's have been as reliable as claw hammers, but if Honda or Suzukasaki or KTM comes out with something I'm interested in I'd jump ship. Keep an eye out for the new CRX450 for me when/if they come out this fall. :)

• wakin

Posted June 26, 2003 - 11:23 AM

R1 - I met you about a month ago, dropped in & bought a jersey. Good luck with the new job. Maybe we'll see you on the trail some time, I'll be the guy waaaaaaay behind you!

• Guest_Sniper531_*

Posted June 26, 2003 - 11:46 AM

Hey r1, Do you race the arenacross down at Deseret Peak Complex? I gave a friend that races down there in the 250 jr class and I usually go with him but I dont race.

• r1superstar

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:59 PM

Hey Danny,Congrats on the new job. I'm not particularly brand loyal but I'd have to say Yamaha has been very good to me as well. My two WR's have been as reliable as claw hammers, but if Honda or Suzukasaki or KTM comes out with something I'm interested in I'd jump ship. Keep an eye out for the new CRX450 for me when/if they come out this fall. :D

I will keep you informed. Honda is coming out with a new 250 four stroke as well.

sniper531, I don't race out there but I have been on both those tracks. The Arenacross track is pretty tight and technical. I enjoy the Supercross track more and I love Motocross.

kawasuckis...............Good one!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.