fix leaking fork seals

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 13, 2001 - 12:29 PM

I have had a problem with my fork seals leaking. Someone told me about this neat trick to fix it and it worked. I'm just passing this information along. Most of the time it is not busted seals but just a piece of dirt between the seal and the shaft. Take a feeler gauge and stick it between the seal and the shaft bring it around and it will get all the dirt out. This has stopped mine from leaking.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 13, 2001 - 02:54 PM

here is another one to help that same problem.
Take one of those business cards from the last dealers salesman that just tried to rape you on a new bike and use it the same way.
You just have to put the corner in first.
Works great and you just throw it out when u are done with it.
Fix your fork seal leak and clean out your wallet out at the same time...........LOLOL

ride BLUE

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted February 13, 2001 - 03:05 PM

or instead of using feeler gauge (which can rip your seals) or a business card (which can tear...because it is paper)...I use film negatives they work great and the accumulated dirt will move into the grooves on the side of the film negative! Im sure all 3 ways work...this is just my way to skin a cat!

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• MikeOK

Posted February 13, 2001 - 03:06 PM

Good tips, and they work, and I found that old 35mm film negatives work too...

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.