07 yz450 vs modded neon srt 4????

4 replies to this topic
  • otzberg

Posted September 05, 2010 - 08:05 PM

I'm looking to get my bike to supermotard fairly soon and i made a bet with a guy that i would be able to beat his 12 second neon srt4 in the quarter mile. I dont know too many people with 450's that can vouch for me so i was wondering what kind of input i can get on this forum. Good and bad, it all helps guys. Oh btw i have smoked a ninja 500 already :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted September 05, 2010 - 08:11 PM

No one here is likely to "vouch for you", and it will make no difference if anyone were to do so. You made the bet, go run it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikedabike

Posted September 05, 2010 - 09:42 PM

There was thread a while back on Supermto Junkie and it seems a stockish well ridden 450 in supermoto trim can get into the high 12's. If your friend truly has a 12 second car you might be in trouble. First you need to gear your bike tall so you don't run out of steam. You need to hit a 100 to see that high 12 second time. Second you need to learn how to lauch it on the pavement. Launching a YZ450 with 100+ mph gearing on the pavement is no easy task.

I would put my money on your friend:moon:

• Steel Panther

Posted September 06, 2010 - 12:54 AM

nah, a neon doing 12's will probably grenade before the finish, id put my money on the yz :bonk:

• otzberg

Posted September 06, 2010 - 10:09 AM

Alrighty thanks guys. Now i still haven't purchased anything for the supermoto kit so i was wondering if you have any recommendations on how to get a hold of a good quality supermoto kit that isnt ebay garbage but under 2k. I am looking to spend up to $1500 with the equipment to get it street legal as well, (lights, odo, etc)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.