03 yz450f fmf 4.1 ?

8 replies to this topic
  • outcast623

Posted September 04, 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hello,
I had a quick question maybe you guys can help me clear up, I just purchased a titanium factory 4.1 muffler for my bike.
I was expecting to get something like this.
Factory 4.1

but instead received this.

Factory 4.1

Whats the difference between the two?
Do they make the style that is in the first link for an 03 yz450f? I cannot seem to find a picture of one on a bike that is the same style.

Thanks.

• Steel Panther

Posted September 04, 2010 - 06:26 PM

never even seen ones that look like that, even the factory 4's looked similar to the first version you posted. I would try calling whoever you got it from, or perhaps fmf, and ask for an explanation if nobody else chimes in.

• outcast623

Posted September 05, 2010 - 12:03 PM

Bump, any thoughts? :bonk:

• anthony250

Posted September 06, 2010 - 08:21 AM

Yeah id call Fmf or the person you bought it from, it looks like an older model , but im not sure

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted September 06, 2010 - 03:32 PM

The one you got was the V1 factory 4.1. These were the original factory 4.1 and were made from 05-07. It had a chamber core, where the perforated core had a bulge midway along it's length. That silencer was replaced by the V2 factory 4.1, which is what your first link shows. This silencer performed almost the same as the V1, but it had a tapered core, a slightly larger diameter can, and a different end cap. The packing seems to last a little longer in the V2 silencers, other than that I couldn't tell the difference after using both on the same bike.

I'm guessing you bought it on discount? Since the V1's were discontinued years ago, you see them on ebay all the time being sold cheap by dealers that still have them in stock.

• Steel Panther

Posted September 06, 2010 - 07:01 PM

If you paid full retail I would send it back for a v2.

• outcast623

Posted September 06, 2010 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the info guys! do you know if they even make a V2 that fits an 03-05 yz450f? I cannot seem to find a picture of one on that particular bike so I am thinking maybe they don't make one? I may call fmf tomorrow.

• KJ790

Posted September 07, 2010 - 05:14 AM

Thanks for the info guys! do you know if they even make a V2 that fits an 03-05 yz450f? I cannot seem to find a picture of one on that particular bike so I am thinking maybe they don't make one? I may call fmf tomorrow.

Yes they do. Every factory 4.1 made for that bike since 2007 has been a V2.

• outcast623

Posted September 07, 2010 - 06:37 AM

Yes they do. Every factory 4.1 made for that bike since 2007 has been a V2.

Thanks for the info, since I paid $315 for this exhaust thinking I was getting a V2 4.1 on sale, I am going to send it back and pay a little extra to get a v2 4.1

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.