Loading Ramps?

5 replies to this topic
  • Sully

Posted February 12, 2001 - 04:20 PM

Hey Do any of you Guys use those folding atv ramps to load your bikes.I used a the old 2*8 on my old truck but have traded off the beast and Have a new Truck the 2*8 ain't gonna cut it. I was wondering if the wide atv ramp is easier on the back? :shocked:250lbs is a load and cant afford the trailer yet...

• Matt406

Posted February 12, 2001 - 04:29 PM

I am using the 2"x8" myself and know it can be a hassle. I have never used them but i am sure they are nice. They also make thinner ones designed for dirt bikes that are usually cheaper, I have noticed. Give one a try and let me know if it is worth the extra bucks.

• forloop

Posted February 12, 2001 - 06:04 PM

Before I got them I used a 2X6. Major pain and this was with a KX250. When I picked up my YZ462 last Saturday. I got the folding ramp out attached the cables to the bumber and when the sales guy said you need help loading I said no.

I then fired up the YZ for the first time and rode it into the back of my pickup. Too easy :)

I got mine at a Kawasaki dealer for $140. Could not live with out it now.

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 12, 2001 - 06:19 PM

The folding ramps will make a world of difference. Very much worth the money.

• TheBOS

Posted February 15, 2001 - 04:49 AM

I use a 2x8 with a hole cut in it, so I can tie it to one of my tie-downs hooks when traveling (so it doesn't slide out with the tailgate open - I have a Toyota p/u)

I also have a ramp-end, bent piece of metal that attaches to the end of 2x8, that provides a transition from the 2x8 to the tailgate. They are available in Home Depot for 13 bucks.

I don't use atv ramps cause I am afraid they will get stolen while I am out riding the trails.

• Hick

Posted February 15, 2001 - 07:17 AM

I just use my tailgate as a ramp. Obviously I don’t recommend this if you have a nice, scratch-free tailgate.

Also, people WILL look at you funny when you unload your bike, but the extra convenience is worth the attention. :)

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.