tires to prevent washout..?

6 replies to this topic
  • jcox_yz450

Posted September 02, 2010 - 07:53 AM

i have a yz450f, my front tire washes out.. i was wanting to know if a wider tire or a skinnier tire will help this problem?

• GCannon

Posted September 02, 2010 - 08:07 AM

use a softer front tire., Intermediate or soft terrain tire up front. and search this forum for " cornering" you will find a ton of set up advice that will help your bike stick in turns.

• WR_Dave

Posted September 02, 2010 - 01:47 PM

Setting the sag and getting the suspension set properly will go a long ways to helping this situation as well. WR Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted September 02, 2010 - 01:52 PM

And what psi are you using?

• jcox_yz450

Posted September 03, 2010 - 01:08 PM

i am using 12 psi, i've stiffened and softened my suspension.. everything i can think of.. what tires do you guys prefer?

• MaxPower

Posted September 03, 2010 - 06:56 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I am running a rekluse e axle on my WR
My bike is so big and heavy I feel it really helped
[/COLOR]

• Strattos

Posted September 21, 2010 - 02:48 PM

What terrain are you riding in, and what tyre are you currently using? Matching terrain and tyre model can make a huge difference

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.