Bleeding Rear Brakes

2 replies to this topic
  • nmchunker20

Posted September 01, 2010 - 07:08 PM

Is there a special way to bleed the rear brakes on a 04 wr450? I have spend an hour on it and can not get any presure in the pedal. I have put in a new rebuild kit, and still nothing. I even filled the caliper with fluid and reassembled to make sure fluid was getting to the piston. I get fluid out of the bleeder, I dont know how much presure is there or how much it should be. Please help, I am going out of my mind.:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted September 02, 2010 - 04:04 AM

You want to make the air all move one direction.
First, ensure you have a little freeplay at the master cylinder clevis. If you do not, the cylinders bleed port will be covered and it will not pump fluid.
Next, remove the calip and place it as low as possible. Tap the brake line, wna slightly bepress the brake lever. You should see bubble exiting the tiny port in the resivoir. Do this till the bubbles stop. Alternatively, you can remove the master, put it at the lowest point and bleed the traditional way out the bled port on the caliper.
What ever method you use, try to make everything go up and down, no loops. Tapping 'un-sticks' air bubbles as does slightly working the master.

• crooks420

Posted September 03, 2010 - 09:05 PM

You DO know how to bleed brakes right? Or is this your first time?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.