trying to figure out the exhaust for my 07

2 replies to this topic
  • spomey

Posted September 01, 2010 - 03:34 PM

I removed the pea shooter but I think its a little to loud for my taste, not bad but I'm a fan of quiet.

I just found a really good deal on an FMF Q4 silencer, it doesnt have the header pipe.

what can I expect from it, does it need the FMF header to work?

thanks!

spomey

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ajh42e

Posted September 02, 2010 - 12:38 AM

I have a07 wr 450 with a mega bomb header and a q4. It is louder then the stock with the pee shooter out but the power was much smoother and it revs alot freer. did give it a nice lil low end pop that was lacking. The biggest improvement was the gray wire mod which realy woke it up!

• rkwfxd1

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:46 AM

I'm gonna throw out a guess here and say that pretty much anything other than stock is going to be louder than stock.

I believe that completely stock you are at 82 DBs and when you remove the pea shooter (like I have) you are at 88 DBS. Most aftermarket pipes are just below 93/94 DBs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.