A few questions about rebuilding my 02 yz426

27 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2010 - 08:32 PM

It is $475.74 from TT for the complete assembly, thats way to much. Is there a cheaper place?

EDIT: It is $465.11 from Cheap Cycle Parts for the same part. It seems after market ones haven't been made for this bike for a while.

CCP chips in $10 to make up for their service. :ride:

• gscx

Posted September 14, 2010 - 08:38 PM

Just get your OEM crank rebuilt. They have connecting rod kits for like 100 on ebay. A little higher if you want to go for OEM parts, which i would do. And then send it all off to MrCrankshaft. You could get a perfect crank for 200 dollars. And you know that it is within tolerances

• jojo1224

Posted September 15, 2010 - 03:27 PM

Just get your OEM crank rebuilt. They have connecting rod kits for like 100 on ebay. A little higher if you want to go for OEM parts, which i would do. And then send it all off to MrCrankshaft. You could get a perfect crank for 200 dollars. And you know that it is within tolerances

I emailed MrCrankshaft but it seems that he doesn't want to ship it over the boarder (I am in Canada). Is there a Canadian company that you would recommend?

• gscx

Posted September 15, 2010 - 06:36 PM

IDK of any. You could probly find something on google

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jroon

Posted September 16, 2010 - 06:37 PM

Associated Crankshaft in Winnipeg will do that work, he's a good guy with a decent rep.

• jroon

Posted September 16, 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hey JoJo, where you at? I'm a 'Toba boy myself...

• jojo1224

Posted September 16, 2010 - 08:41 PM

Thanks I will give them a call in the morning before work. I am in Sandy Hook.

• jroon

Posted September 17, 2010 - 11:03 AM

Small world! One of my best buds in the world is on 5th avenue! I spent many a silly weekend up at the Hook and continue to do so....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.