Jet Settings for Utah

8 replies to this topic
  • pedman

Posted June 23, 2003 - 11:31 AM

Ok the time has come!

I have seen alot of comments on jetting for the WR426 and now I have succumb to making the changes to my bike now. My 426 is just about on its one year mark and plenty of break in miles.

My friends bike seems more snappy in the throttle and he bought his bike the day before and from a different dealer. One thing that I have noticed is his head pipe has a more bluish tint, my pipe looks as good as the show room floor. The only thing that we can think of is the jetting.

Thoughts and comments always welcomed. Looking for thoughts hopefully from the local boys in blue, not orange :)

• Hick

Posted June 23, 2003 - 12:19 PM

Post your altitude and carb and/or breathing mods (i.e. jetting, BK/accelerator pump, exhaust, air box, throttle stop etc.).

Thanks.

• ogrebelle

Posted June 23, 2003 - 12:46 PM

Mine is an '00 400 but see below for my settings. Some may argue my jetting but it has worked great for me. A lot snappier than before.
Doug

• pedman

Posted June 23, 2003 - 12:47 PM

Here is some more information that may help. Thanks HICK!

Alt: 4K-9K
Cover is off
Uncorked exhaust factory original
No carb mods
Throttle stop in place
Grey wire in place
Have not taken carb apart to see what has been given yet.

basically nothing done yet.

Hope this helps...... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pedman

Posted June 23, 2003 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Doug,

I would like to get a idea of what there is for our area and build from there. Thanks again for the info. :)

• Eagle426

Posted June 23, 2003 - 01:08 PM

Stock jetting should be: DRR-4 needle, 165 MJ, 200 MAJ, 42 PJ, 75 PAJ, 1 5/8 turns on the fuel screw.

I hate to speak for someone else, but LarryCO recommends the following: EKP-3 needle, 150-155 MJ, 160 MAJ, 38PJ, 65 PAJ, 1 1/2 turns on the fuel screw for (6K-10Kft)

Check out the "Taffy and LarryCO jetting" thread, there is some great info there! Hope this helps some!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 23, 2003 - 01:51 PM

Try a EKN needle, MJ 155-160, MAJ 180 or 160, PJ 38-40, PAJ 75, My sig would work fine for your bike. It's been to 6500 feet without a miss or bog. Clip 2 on a EKN..Good luck :)

• LarryCO

Posted June 24, 2003 - 05:08 AM

Eagle's said it all...

FYI...tested with the EKN needle at altitude (7500 ft)...found it was too rich...thus, the EKP choice. I think you'll even find that needle to be a little too rich over 10K ft.

Good luck!
Larry

• pedman

Posted June 24, 2003 - 06:07 AM

LarryCO and ALL THANKS for the information. This is very helpful and I'm looking forward to doing the mods and reporting back.

Thanks again!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.