2010 YZ 450F Bogg's and loses power

7 replies to this topic
  • lavella931

Posted August 31, 2010 - 04:20 PM

My 2010 450 has been having serve issues of bogging when it heats up, we've tested the fuel pump, all electrical plugs, tried different gas, new CDI box, checked valves, and still having the same problem. i'm totally stumped. it's getting dangerous to ride. It's going to cut out at the wrong time and really take a digger. open to any suggestions!

• moto278

Posted August 31, 2010 - 06:14 PM

i have had this problem a couple times. both times i cleaned off the fuel pump and reinstalled with a new oring on the base. cleared it up. last time i did it i also wiped out the throttle body and sprayed off the injector. stupid me forgot to reconnect a sensor and wouldnt start again til i figured it out.

• Gerry B

Posted August 31, 2010 - 07:58 PM

There should be a small filter inside the fuel tank next to the fuel pump. Check that filter. I had the same problem with an 09 Honda CRF450 and it was doing the same thing and it was a clogged filter inside the fuel tank. Cleaned it up and ran great!

• lavella931

Posted September 01, 2010 - 04:05 AM

I'll order a new filter and check to clean the pump out. i was going to order a new pump also. But we have tested the fuel pump pressure and it was right where it needed to be. but i'm wondering if when it gets hot does it lose it's power?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted September 01, 2010 - 04:25 AM

Have you checked for codes or scewed data? You'd really have to check fuel pressure while it was happening to get an accurate reading but I don't what kind of fuel pressure testing device you have or can even use on these since I've never done it.

• lavella931

Posted September 01, 2010 - 08:11 AM

tech24 i have been to my dealer several times, and one of those times we did go over all the codes and everything was where it needed to be. I was thinking the cdi box might of been malfunctioning but it seemed to be ok.

• tech24

Posted September 01, 2010 - 08:37 AM

well hopefully its a filter deal then

• brentn

Posted September 01, 2010 - 05:12 PM

Could be one of the connectors on the harness is coming loose after riding for a bit, the odd shake here and there breaks the circuit maybe???

I would be going over the whole harness and checking the connectors with a volt meter, making sure that all wires are completing their circuit through the connector.
You can shove a spiked probe from your voltmeter through the back of the connectors and match up the colored wires to make sure that they complete a circuit.

Just a thought.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.